Saturday 20 August 2011

What an Eye Opener!

Cheesy post title, check. Although the contents is far from it. The incredible photography seen below is the work of Suren Manvelyan. Here is a collection of macro shots taken of the human eye, simply named "Your Beautiful Eyes." And how beautiful they are indeed. The innovative artist behind these photographs is not only the leading photographer for Yerevan Magazine, but, incredibly, also has a PhD for work on quantum chaos and technologies, as well as lecturing physics, mathematics and astronomy at Yerevan Waldorf School. A man of many talents, it seems.

My oh, Eye!

Hadn't I come across Manvelyan's photography, I'd have never known to what extent our eyes are actually textured. Check out the layers we have in our irises! Sure, I remember the science lessons we had in high school dissecting cows eyes and learning how our pupils were actually holes. Never did I expect them to be able to compete with the Mariana Trench though! But really, it's an incredible feat to see this much detail in such high resolution. To think that if I had my own expensive camera with a ridiculously brilliant lens (a PhD wouldn't hurt me either, or an eye for taste - har har), I'd be able to see my own unique set of coloured and textured receptors. The more I look at these images though, the more my eyes begin to feel a little funny. Absolutely breath-taking, mind-blowing photographs, nonetheless.


Click below to see more of Manvelyan's incredible series Your Beautiful Eyes and further links.












2 comments:

  1. The pics are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. it give chills to my bones and now i will never be able to see someone in the eyes anymore

    ReplyDelete